Questions about credit points
Yes, you can. The number of ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credits and the requirements for their acquisition can be found in the course descriptions. Information on required coursework can be found here.
To receive credit points, candidates will
- not exceed the maximum number of absences
- complete the required coursework.
When a participant fails a course, this result is not transferred to their faculty.
Active participation in a course means that participants
- actively participate during the lessons,
- prepare and follow up the lessons,
- inform the lecturer about absences and find out how they can catch up on the missed material.
- Portfolio courses may include various forms of coursework, such as written or oral texts; these must be completed before the end of the course.
- Unsatisfactory texts can be revised and resubmitted once.
- To pass the course, all required coursework must receive a satisfactory pass.
- Courses that follow the portfolio principle do not receive a grade; they are assessed with PASS or FAIL.
Master's students in the Faculty of Medicine qualify for a maximum of two credit points for specialized medical language courses.
Post us your Testatkarte at the end of the semester (Sprachenzentrum Universität Basel, Totentanz 17, 4051 Basel) or drop it in our mailbox. We will return your completed Testatkarte by mail. Please provide your current address.
Students from other higher education institutions in Switzerland can also receive credit points. Please request a confirmation regarding the awarded credit points no later than the end of the semester (firstname.lastname@example.org). Towards the end of January or July, we will provide such a confirmation, which you can submit to your student administration services for recognition.