Requirements and earning credit points
You can usually earn credit points for taking language courses at the Language Center. To earn credit points, you have to complete the required coursework and fulfill certain conditions. Detailed information can be found in the course announcement for each course.
Recognition of the credit points
All the required work for courses at the Language Center must be submitted by the end of the course. After the end of a course, all participants are informed whether they have passed or failed. If the required coursework has been successfully completed, the Language Center will transfer the number of earned credits directly to students’ credit accounts on Online Services at the end of January (fall semester) or the end of July (spring semester) for University of Basel students. Failed courses will not be reported. The faculties of the University of Basel determine the maximum number of credit points that can be awarded for courses at the Language Center as electives or complimentary courses in their study programs. The agreements with the faculties can be found below.
- Faculty of Theology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Medicine - DSBG
- Faculty o Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Psychology
Students from other universities who want to receive credit points should contact the Language Center office.
Period for appealing course results
The deadline for appeals is 1 September for the spring semester and 1 March for the fall semester. Appeals must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credit points FS 2023
- All course participants have already been informed by e-mail whether they have passed.
- Credit points for students of the University of Basel who have passed will be automatically transferred to their Faculty by 31 July 2023. The Faculty will not be informed in cases where requirements to pass a course have not been met. Passed courses will be visible in Online Services ("Leistungskonto") mid-August latest.
- Students from other universities should please request from us, by e-mail, a certificate of attendance that shows the credits earned. Please indicate the e-mail address to which we should send the certificate.
- Medical students can drop their "Testatkarte" in our mailbox or post it to us. It will be returned by post as of mid-July. Please indicate the address to which the Testatkarte should be returned
Certificates of attendance for the spring semester 2023 will be issued on request and posted (please indicate address).