Eligibility for Admission
The following persons are eligible to attend courses at the Language Center of the University of Basel:
- students and PhD candidates of all faculties of the University of Basel,
- employees of the University of Basel,
- former students of the University of Basel who are members of AlumniBasel,
- employees of the University Hospital Basel,
- students and PhD candidates enrolled at other universities and institutions of higher education in Switzerland.
Please note that auditors are not permitted in our classes.
Eligibility for Admission of FHNW Employees
Employees of the FHNW University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland with sufficient prior knowledge (which is determined based on a compulsory placement test taken at the Language Center) are only eligible to participate in academic courses (e.g. subject-specific-courses, academic writing, abstract writing) in English and German as a foreign language. Please register online through our website. The course fees for employees apply.
Should the maximum number of participants for a particular course be reached, students and employees of the University of Basel are given priority in the assignment of course seats.