New policy on credit points for beginner courses as of fall semester 2022
The previous policy that credit points could only be earned for beginner or beginner I courses after completing elementary I or beginner II has no longer applied since the fall semester of 2022. Now two credit points can be earned for the following beginner courses after completing the required coursework:
- Arabisch: EinsteigerInnen
- Brasilianisch-Portugiesisch: EinsteigerInnen
- Deutsch als Fremdsprache: EinsteigerInnen I
- Französisch: EinsteigerInnen I
- Italienisch: EinsteigerInnen
- Spanisch: EinsteigerInnen
This new policy also applies to the languages below, in which participants used to be able to earn a total of six credit points. Now, two credit points will also be awarded for these beginner courses after completing the required coursework:
- Chinesisch: EinsteigerInnen
- Japanisch: EinsteigerInnen
- Russisch: EinsteigerInnen I
Please note: To receive credit points based on the old policy, participants must have attended a beginner or beginner I course at most two semesters ago. Participants who attended a beginner or beginner I course in the spring or fall semester of 2021 or in the spring semester of 2022 and completed the required coursework will receive credit points based on the old policy.
If you have any questions, please contact the Language Center office: email@example.com.