What is new in the fall semester 2020?
- Answers to FAQ are provided here.
- Persian to go is back in the course program.
- German as a Foreign Language: Beginners I and German as a Foreign Language: Beginners II are offered as a package with a maximum of four credit points with immediate effect.
- The Medical Faculty grants master students a maximum of two credit points for specialized language courses in medicine.
- FHNW alumni can join our language courses at the alumni rate.
- Placement tests and consultations are presently online until further notice.
- Begleitetes Schreiben and Guided Writing are available digitally.
FOR SWISS-EDUCATED FIRST-YEAR STUDENTS WHO ARE NON-NATIVE SPEAKERS OF GERMAN
German for Academic Purposes
Would you like to learn German and acquire communicative competences that are invaluable for your studies at the University of Basel? Then this course is for you! Besides improving your German language skills, you will have the opportunity to get to know fellow students, the University and the town.
Language Courses Offered in Collaboration With Various Entities of the University of Basel and Other Cooperating Institutions
The Language Center organizes various courses and events in collaboration with other entities and institutions:
JUNE 24 until JULY 5, 2019
Ukrainian Intensive Course
- Afrikaans (in collaboration with the Center for African Studies) – currently not offered
(in collaboration with the University Hospital Basel)
- Deutsch als Fremdsprache für MedizinerInnen and German as a Foreign Language: Improving Medical Reports
(in collaboration with the Università della Svizzera italiana [USI] and the University of Basel)
- Italian with a focus on medicine