What is new in the spring semester 2021?
- All answers about course formats can be found here.
- New courses:
- Afrikaans II
- German as a Foreign Language: Beginners I and German as a Foreign Language: Beginners II are offered as a package with a maximum of four credit points with immediate effect.
- Master students in the Medical Faculty qualify for a maximum of two credit points for specialized language courses in medicine.
- FHNW alumni can join our language courses at the alumni rate.
- Placement tests and consultations are presently online until further notice.
- Begleitetes Schreiben and Guided Writing are available digitally.
Language Courses Offered in Collaboration With Various Entities of the University of Basel and Other Cooperating Institutions
The Language Center organizes various courses and events in collaboration with other entities and institutions:
- Afrikaans (in collaboration with the Center for African Studies) – currently not offered
(in collaboration with the University Hospital Basel)
- Deutsch als Fremdsprache für MedizinerInnen and German as a Foreign Language: Improving Medical Reports
(in collaboration with the Università della Svizzera italiana [USI] and the University of Basel)
- Italian with a focus on medicine